The REACH website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on 27 Nov 2022, 12am to 8am, and will not be available during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience.
In exchange for your attendance at and participation in the Feedback & Engagement Bus Tour (the “Event”), you agree to be bound and abide by these Terms of Participation. Your participation in the Event constitutes your acceptance of these Terms of Participation.
REACH Singapore (“REACH”) is the Government's Feedback Unit. We aim to gather and gauge ground sentiments, engage citizens and promote active citizenry. Our face-to-face engagement platforms, including events, dialogues, public forums and focus group discussions, provide channels for you to share your feedback with the Government. Feedback received will be recorded (whether through the use of audio/sound recordings, or in writing) by REACH, and surfaced to relevant agencies. We also facilitate communication between citizens and agencies by proactively initiating discussion on various topics.
REACH (representing the Government of the Republic of Singapore) may add to, delete or modify any or all of the terms and conditions in these Terms of Participation at any time without notice to you. The most current version of these Terms of Participation can be found at : Terms and Conditions for Participation in the Feedback & Engagement Bus Tour.
1. The Event is organised by the Government of the Republic of Singapore, as represented by REACH. It comprises a local tour of your choice and an onboard dialogue with a guest of honour.
2. All registrations/applications for participation in the Event are subject to availability of seats and any availability information is subject to change without notice. REACH reserves the right to refuse any registrations/applications it receives for any reason. By submitting your registration/application , you agree to these Terms of Participation, as well as all other policies, terms and conditions applicable to the Event and made known to you by REACH (whether prior to, during or after the Event).
3. REACH reserves the right to postpone, cancel, interrupt or terminate the Event, or make any other changes to the Event (including changes to venue, programmes, times or audience capacity), at any time, without prior notice and without any liability to you.
4. By submitting your application/registration for participation in the Event , you agree that:
a. REACH may tape, film, photograph and record you (including recording of your voice) during and in the course of your attendance at and participation in the Event. You further agree that the Government of Singapore shall own all rights in the results and proceeds of such taping, filming, photography and recording (collectively, the “Footage”), and you expressly waive any and all moral rights you may have in connection with your appearance in the Footage;
b. any and all data (including personal data) submitted by you or otherwise captured, generated or obtained by or for REACH, in connection with your application/registration for and participation in the Event (including the Footage) (collectively, “Data”) may be collected, used and/or disclosed by REACH:
(i) to communicate with you for purposes related to the Event; and
(ii) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in REACH’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on its websites, in its original or edited format, whether to promote the Event or otherwise; and
(iii) such other purposes for which you have provided your consent.
c. REACH may share with its service providers, and such service providers may use all Data for the purposes described in clause 4b;
d. the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all material generated, captured or obtained by or for REACH for or in relation to the Event (including the Footage), shall vest solely and absolutely in REACH without further compensation to you; and
5. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you (including your heirs, successors and assigns) agree to hold REACH, its directors, officers, personnel, employees, servants, agents and contractors (each an “Indemnified Party”) harmless, and keep each Indemnified Party fully and effectively indemnified, from and against any and all losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), claims, damages and expenses whatsoever, which any of them may suffer or incur (directly or indirectly) as a result of your registration/application for, attendance at or participation in the Event, or any postponement, cancellation or any other changes made by REACH to the Event.
6. You may be asked to produce your valid photo ID (NRIC, Passport, or Driver’s License) for inspection before being granted admission to the Event.
7. REACH reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the Event, any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the Event by others.
8. You shall not:
a. make any comments or remarks (whether verbal or written) that may be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, irrelevant to REACH's purposes or irrelevant to the existing/ ongoing discussion(s). REACH has the sole discretion to decide if any comments or remarks from you falls within these said categories;
b. do anything which may be disruptive of other users’ engagement in the discussion, dialogue or other exchange, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants' user experience and/or ability to engage in face to face or any other real time exchanges;
c. threaten, stalk or otherwise harass any other participant or any person employed by REACH;
d. restrict or inhibit any other participant from accessing or participating in the Event;
9. The Chatham House Rule applies to your attendance at and participation in the Event. You may use the information received by you during and for purposes of the Event, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
10 . Use of audio and/or visual recording devices/ and equipment by you is allowed for your private domestic purposes only. All other recording and any transmission by you is prohibited, including (without limitation) taking of photographs and recording of any data or information of or relating to the Event and any other participant.
11. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.