Welcome to the Reaching Everyone for Active Citizenry @ Home (REACH) website ('the website')!
DESCRIPTION OF REACH'S SERVICES
REACH is the Government's Feedback Unit. We aim to gather and gauge ground sentiments, engage citizens and promote active citizenry. Our feedback platforms, including the REACH website and the REACH Facebook Page, provide channels for you to share your feedback with the Government. Feedback received is read by REACH staff, and surfaced to relevant agencies. We also facilitate communication between citizens and agencies by proactively initiating discussion on various topics.
LOGIN, SECURITY AND EMAILS FROM REACH
While some features of the website are available without login, some features or parts of the website (such as the Discussion Forum) require you to login using your Facebook account. You may end your session on the website by clicking My Account > Logout.
By logging in as such, you understand and agree to REACH receiving all information about you which Facebook shares with REACH. This information includes your public profile information and your email address.
If you disclose your email address on your Facebook account, REACH may from time to time send you emails (including email invitations to events and informational emails, as well as follow-up emails and email replies to comments and queries posted, submitted or otherwise contributed by you), and you agree to receiving all such emails. You may withdraw your consent by sending an email to email@example.com indicating your name and email address, and stating that you no longer wish to receive emails from REACH. REACH shall, upon receipt of such notice, cease the sending of further emails to you.
You are solely and entirely responsible for any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, “Content”) that you submit, post, display or otherwise make available on or via the website (including Content submitted or posted in REACH’s Online Survey, Discussion Forum, Public Consultation, Replies from Ministry/ Agency, Newsroom, Quick Poll, #ASkMe Series and in all other parts of the website, as well as Content that is privately transmitted to the REACH administrator). For the avoidance of doubt, any Content that is submitted, posted, displayed, or otherwise made available via the website using your Facebook and/or internet account, shall be deemed to be Content submitted, posted, displayed or otherwise made available by you.
You agree that REACH is not responsible for, and does not endorse, Content posted within the website. REACH does not have any obligation to pre-screen, monitor, edit or remove any such Content, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the website, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
Under no circumstances will REACH be liable in any way for any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on or via the website, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on or via the website. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content on the website, including any reliance you intend to place on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. You rely on such Content at your own risk.
The website contains content owned or licensed by REACH (“REACH Content”). REACH Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and REACH, REACH owns and retains all rights in the REACH Content and the website. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the REACH Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the REACH Content.
The REACH name and logo are trademarks of REACH, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of REACH. You shall not use the website to, or when using the website, shall not:
1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that:-
• is or may be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, untrue, irrelevant to REACH's purposes or irrelevant to the discussion(s) on which the Content is made available. REACH has the sole discretion to decide if any Content falls within these said categories
• infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any party, or that you do not have a right to publish or otherwise make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
• contains any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising and promotional materials, commercial or otherwise, including links to websites containing such materials. For purposes of this clause, "advertising and promotional materials" includes surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages etc
• contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
• repeats any Content in its exact form which you had previously uploaded, posted, emailed or transmitted on or through the website; or
• reproduces Content created by parties other than yourself;
2. use or create a false identity (including but not limited to, use of a pseudonym, impersonation of any person or entity, or otherwise referring to yourself using descriptive word/s or word/s which do not appear to us to be your actual name or derived from your actual name), or falsely state or otherwise represent your affiliation with a person or entity ,or use any identity or name which is not in compliance with Facebook's policy on use of names (see link: https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576);
3. do anything that may be disruptive of other users' engagement in discussions, dialogue or other exchanges on the website, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects the user experience of other users of the website;
4. threaten, stalk or otherwise harass any other user of the website or any person employed by REACH;
5. restrict or inhibit any other person from using the website;
6. do anything which could interfere with, disrupt, disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of the website or the servers or networks connected to the website;
7. disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the website;
8. collect or store personal data of any other user of the website, or invite any other user to disclose his/her personal data to you or to any other person/s (whether such disclosure is made on the website or in any other way);
9. disclose your contact information (or the contact information of any other person) on or through the website or any part thereof; or
10. solicis login information or access the website using the Facebook account of any other person.
REACH shall have the right (but not the obligation) to delete, disallow or move any Content from the website, as it sees fit, in particular any Content which, in REACH's view, violates any of the terms of the TOU.
REACH may preserve all or such part of the Content as it sees fit, and may also disclose all or any part of the Content to any person or organization if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU against any user of the website; (c) investigate and respond to claims that any Content violates the legal rights of any party; or (d) protect the legal rights, property, and/or personal safety of any party.
LICENSE TO USE CONTENT
REACH does not claim ownership of any Content you submit, post, display or otherwise make available on or via the website. For any Content in which the intellectual property rights are owned by you, you hereby grant to REACH a world-wide, royalty free, transferable, sub-licensable, non-revocable and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content in any forum and for any purpose. This would include using such Content in any publicity materials for the website and in any medium (including the mass media, internet posts, printed and e-mail communications and so on).
You shall fully indemnify and hold the Government of the Republic of Singapore (of which REACH is a part), its officers, agents, contractors and employees, harmless against any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) made against, suffered or incurred by it/them arising directly or indirectly from your access to or use of the website (including any Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the website), your breach of any of the terms of the TOU, or your violation of the rights of another in connection with your use of the website.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
REACH may establish general practices and limits concerning use of and storage of materials on the website, including the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the website, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the website, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on the website, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on REACH's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the website in a given period of time.
REACH has no responsibility or liability for its deletion or decision not to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the website. You further acknowledge that REACH may change these general practices and limits at any time, as it sees fit, without notice.
MODIFICATIONS TO WEBSITE
REACH may at any time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part thereof) without notice. REACH shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the website.
REACH shall have the sole discretion to determine whether any of the above circumstances exist, and whether to terminate your access as a result. REACH shall not be liable to you or any other party for any termination of your access to all or any part of the website.
The website may contain links to other World Wide Web sites or resources not maintained by REACH ("the links").
REACH reserves all rights to remove, replace or disable any links at its absolute discretion (though it is not compelled to do so), if those links are connected to websites or resources containing material or information which, in the opinion of REACH, infringes the TOU in any way.
REACH is not responsible for the availability of the websites or resources connected with the links ("the linked websites"), and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from the linked websites. REACH shall not be liable to you or any other party for any damage or loss whatsoever, including, loss of goodwill, profits, lost or corrupted or damaged Content, or damage to your computer, software or other property, arising directly or indirectly from access to the linked websites, or the removal of any links.
Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The website may also provide notices of changes to the TOU or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall REACH be liable to you on account of your use or misuse of and reliance on the website. Such exclusion of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from use or misuse of and reliance on the website, from inability to use the website, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the website (including such damages incurred by third parties). REACH shall also not be liable to you if any information or material submitted, posted or otherwise contributed by you, fails or ceases to appear on the website.
The use of the website and any questions or dispute arising from the use of the website shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.