"Stay Connected With REACH" Contest
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The "Stay Connected With REACH" contest (the "contest") is organised by the Government of Singapore c/o REACH, which is a department of the Ministry of Communications and Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Organiser"), and is open to Singaporeans of all ages, who are new subscribers to REACH Bytes and the REACH Events Mailing List, except officers working in the department in the Ministry of Communications and Information known as REACH (hereinafter referred to as "REACH") and their immediate family members.
- The qualifying period for entry into the contest commences on 1 March 2016 and will continue up to 31 May 2016 at 23:59 hours..
Contest Details and Criteria
- Entry into the contest will be automatic. Any person (hereinafter referred to as "Participant") who signs up to receive REACH Bytes (electronic newsletter) and to be part of the REACH Events Mailing List, will automatically be entered into the contest. Sign-up for both REACH Bytes and REACH Events Mailing List may be done via the REACH website at www.reach.gov.sg, or by sending an email to email@example.com. Both methods of sign-up require the Participant to provide his/her personal particulars: full name, email address, date of birth, gender, ethnicity and occupation. If entry is via email, the text, "I would like to sign up for REACH Bytes and REACH Events Mailing List" should also be indicated in the email in addition to the Participant's personal particulars. Any person who does not wish to participate in the contest may withdraw from the same by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each Participant will only be entitled to one entry for this contest.
- The Organiser reserves the sole discretion to determine whether any person qualifies, and meets all eligibility criteria, for the contest.
- Each Participant's entry into this contest is subject to these Terms and Conditions. If you are not agreeable to these Terms and Conditions, please withdraw from the contest by sending an email to email@example.com.
- By participating in this contest, the Participant warrants that:
- Any registration/sign-up for REACH Bytes or the REACH Events Mailing List, which is incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible or not received by the Organiser, will be void, and will not entitle the person who attempted such registration/sign-up to entry into the contest.
- Any registration/sign-up for REACH Bytes or the REACH Events Mailing List, which has been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information, will be void, and will not entitle the person who attempted such registration/sign-up to entry into the contest.
- For purposes of entry into the contest, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify or disregard any person who does not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions. The Organiser shall have the sole discretion to determine whether any person has complied with these Terms and Conditions (including the qualifying and eligibility criteria).
Selection of Winners, Prizes and Notifications
- Twenty (20) winning entries will be selected for this contest. Each winning entry entitles its Participant (each a "winner") to a Food and Beverage voucher valued at S$20.00.
- Winning entries for the contest will be selected by the Organiser through random draw/s from amongst entries that have been submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Without limitation as to its use, entries may be showcased on REACH website.
- All twenty (20) winning entries will be drawn on 3 June 2016, Friday at REACH, Ministry of Communications and Information, 6th Floor, 140 Hill Street, Old Hill Street Police Station, Singapore 179369.
- The Organiser will notify the winners by an email sent to their email addresses as provided in their registration/sign-up for REACH Bytes and/or the REACH Events Mailing List. Instructions on prize collection will be provided in the same email notification. Participants are therefore to ensure that the email address indicated in their registration/sign-up is accurate and up-to-date. The Organiser shall not in any event be responsible for any email notification that is sent to an email address that has been inaccurately reflected by the Participant in his/her registration/sign-up.
- The results of the contest shall be final and binding and no appeal will be entertained for any reason whatsoever.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable and subject to such other Terms and Conditions as may be imposed by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any prize with another of similar value.
- All ancillary costs and expenses, duties, or taxes incurred by the winners as a result of winning or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners and the Organiser accepts no responsibility for the same. Participants and winners should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
- Prizes must be collected within 1 month of notification. The Organiser reserves the right to determine how uncollected prizes will be dealt with. This may include, but shall not be limited to, forfeiture of the prize, or selecting another winner using the method set out in clause 4(b).
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damages or injury suffered by any Participant as a result of accepting any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until satisfactory proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request, to disqualify the Participant from the contest. The Organiser may also in its sole discretion, refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or a Participant's breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions
- Participants affirm that they are either more than 21 years of age or possess parental or legal guardian consent to enter the contest, are fully able and competent to enter into these Terms and Conditions, and agree to abide by and comply with the same. If required by the Organiser, Participants shall submit proof of parental or legal guardian consent for their participation in the contest.
Use of Information and Publicity
- The Organiser may exercise its sole discretion to use the winners' names, identification, and comments relating to the contest experience and prize for the purpose of announcing the winners, or for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media without any fee being paid.
- It is a condition precedent in this contest that Participants consent to the information they submit with their entries (including and not limited to personal contact information, social media network handles, publically accessible data via the application programming interfaces (APIs) of said social network handles) being entered into a database, and to the use by the Organiser of this information to facilitate the mechanics of any further contests.
- The Organiser may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information referred to in clause 6(b) for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Participant. Participants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Organiser. All entries become the property of the Organiser.
Amendments and Cancellation
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the contest in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the contest is not capable of being conducted smoothly or in the event of a virus, bug or unauthorized intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to revise, modify or change these Terms and Conditions or any part thereof at any time without prior notice being given.
Limitations, Liability and Indemnity
- The Participant accepts all risks of personal injury, property damage or loss of any nature whatsoever that may arise from his/her participation in the contest and will not in any way hold the Organiser responsible for any liability, loss, damage, expense and cost which he/she may sustain or incur as a result of his/her participation, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Participant (including his or her heirs, parents, legal guardians, executor and/or administrators) hereby agrees to be fully liable to the Organiser and its authorised vendors, servants, employees, officers and agents for any violation of confidentiality, patent, copyright or any other intellectual property rights in the entries, documents and materials produced and submitted for the contest and shall defend, indemnify and hold the Organiser and each of the authorized vendors and the directors, officers, employees and agents thereof harmless from and against any actions, claims, loss or damages for infringement or alleged infringement of such confidentiality, patent, copyright or any other intellectual property rights.
- Neither the Organiser nor its authorised vendors, and their respective directors, officers, servants employees and agents thereof, accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by the Organiser or any third party), virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant who tampers with contest or any entry or is in any other way responsible for compromising the integrity and/or operation of the contest. If this contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (i) to disqualify any Participant; or (ii) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest, as appropriate.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore for every purpose and the Participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.
- By participating in the contest, the Participant acknowledges that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Twitter and/ or any other media platform which the Organiser may utilise in holding this contest.
- The contest material, information on how to enter and prize details that are or will be located on the REACH Website and/or REACH Facebook page, shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser's decision on all matters pertaining to this contest shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the same.
REACH, Ministry of Communications and Information, 140 Hill Street, Old Hill Street Police Station, 6th Storey, Singapore - (firstname.lastname@example.org)