The REACH website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from 12am to 8am on 27 June 2021, and will not be available during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Terms and Conditions for Participation in REACH Events (“Terms of Participation”)
REACH is the Government's Feedback Unit. We aim to gather and gauge ground sentiments, engage citizens and promote active citizenry. Our face-to-face engagement platforms, including events, dialogues, public forums and focus group discussions, provide channels for you to share your feedback with the Government. Feedback received will recorded (whether through the use of audio/sound recordings, or in writing) by REACH, and surfaced to relevant agencies. We also facilitate communication between citizens and agencies by proactively initiating discussion on various topics.
In exchange for your participation in REACH’s events, you agree to be bound and abide by these Terms of Participation. Your participation in any engagement platform or event organised by REACH (each an “Event”) constitutes your acceptance of these Terms of Participation.
REACH (representing the Government of the Republic of Singapore) may add to, delete or modify any or all of the terms and conditions in the Terms of Participation at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the Terms of Participation can be found at: Terms of Participation for REACH Events.
1. The Event is organised by REACH Singapore (“REACH”).
2. All registrations/applications for participation in the Event are subject to availability of seats and any availability information is subject to change without notice. REACH reserves the right to refuse any registrations/applications it receives for any reason. By submitting your registration/application, you agree to these Terms of Participation, as well as all other policies, terms and conditions applicable to the Event and made known to you by REACH (whether prior to, during or after the Event).
3. REACH reserves the right to postpone, cancel, interrupt or terminate the Event, or make any other changes to the Event (including changes to venue, programmes, times or audience capacity), at any time, without prior notice and without any liability to you.
4. By submitting your application/registration for participation in the Event, you agree that:
a. any and all personal data submitted by you in the course of your application/registration for and participation in the Event, may be collected, used and/or disclosed by REACH for various purposes, including to communicate with you for purposes related to the Event, and such other purposes REACH may reasonably deem appropriate, or in relation to which you have otherwise provided your consent;
b. REACH may collect, use, disclose and share with its service providers, your personal data, including photographs or audio-video or other recordings of you captured or obtained by or for REACH during or in relation to the Event (“Material”), for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in REACH’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on its websites, in its original or edited format, whether to promote the Event or otherwise, and without further notification, remuneration or compensation to you; and
c. the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in REACH without further compensation.
5. REACH shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with your registration/application for, or attendance at the Event, or any postponement, cancellation or any other changes made by REACH to the Event, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
6. You may be asked to produce your valid photo ID (NRIC, Passport, or Driver’s License) for inspection before being granted admission to the Event.
7. REACH reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the Event, any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the Event by others.
8. You shall not:
a. make any comments or remarks that may be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, irrelevant to REACH's purposes or irrelevant to the existing/ ongoing discussion(s). REACH has the sole discretion to decide if any Content falls within these said categories;
b. do anything which may be disruptive of other users’ engagement in the discussion, dialogue or other exchange, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants' user experience and/or ability to engage in face to face or any other real time exchanges;
c. threaten, stalk or otherwise harass any other participant or any person employed by REACH;
d. restrict or inhibit any other participant from accessing or participating in the Event;
9. If the Event, or any part thereof, is specifically stated to be held under the Chatham House Rule, you may use the information received by you during and for purposes of the Event, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
10. [The use of photographic equipment is allowed for private domestic purposes only.] All [other] recording and any transmission is prohibited, including (without limitation) taking of photographs and recording of any data or information of or relating to the Event and any other participant.
11. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.