5 Aug 2012, 5.36PM
Singapore Need to worker harder to Save the Earth .
Till date, our Recycling and Reuse Campaign seems to be far behind other developed Asian countries like Taiwan and HK. What can we do?
1. To include the Use your Own Bag Day to Sunday and Friday, so that more people nurture this habit, especailly the foreigners ie PRCS, Indoneisans . . etc. I rarely see them use recycle bags for the past 1 year and the form more than half the population.
2. To extend it not only to NTUC Fair Price but also kiosk at interchange, 7-11, Daiso and Giant @ Tampines.
When I only bought 12 groery items, I already had 7 bags! Actually, it only requires 3 bags after proper packing ( vegetables vs drinks)
3. To discourage foam containers at Coffee shops and Foodcourts.
Brown paper to wrap Cha Kway Tiao or Chicken rice is more environmentally friendly.
4. To build more water -coolers around Singapore using EZ-link deduction so that we fill our OWN bottles.
Hopefully, some imporovements in this Hot Dry weather is sufficient for ALL CCs,RCs, libraries, Stat Boards, GLCs and NTUCs to take action.
5. To increase price of foam cups, via environment tax, sold to companies.
Many companies use foam cups to serve customers instead of glass mugs. However, in my ex-company, the lazy foreigners do not want to wash their own mugs and so would use, at least 4 foam cups per person per day!
6. To educate Da- Bao does not include wodden chopsticks or plastic spoons, unless specifically requested by customer.