16 Apr 2012, 2.50PM
1. I have just filed my income tax and was reliefed as well as appalled.
2. Relief that I managed to file within the deadline given.
3. Appalled as I realised that my child has grown up and I am unable to claim any more tax reliefs for her.
4. I was widowed in 2009 and have been supporting my children on my own since the passing of my husband.
5. At that time, both children were in school.
6. In 2011, my daughter started working earning more than $4,000.00 for the year and as such, I am not eligible to make any claims i.e. NO QCR and WMCR.
7. As is known in our society, our next generation does not earn enough for themselves (although she has taken over the payment of her own insurance policies) and so, my daughter does not give me any money for the household and in fact, I am still providing her food, lodging, etc. as I do not want her to turn to outsiders if I stop providing.
8. Can someone look into this situation and help us widows who wants to provide for our children and not look towards welfare, etc. for help.
9. Even a small relief is definitely welcomed.
Thank you for listening